- • people with a knowledge of Irish from the current 1.66 million to 2 million; and
- • daily speakers of Irish from the current level of approximately 83,000 to 250,000.
The specific objectives involved in the preparation of the Strategy are to:
- • increase the number of speakers who speak Irish on a daily basis outside the educational system from 83,000 to 250,000;
- • increase the number of speakers who speak Irish on a daily basis in the Gaeltacht as its invigoration will be critical to the overall plan/strategy; and
- • increase the number of people that use State services through the Irish language and can access television, radio and print media through the language.