- up-to-date dictionaries, both English-Irish and Irish-English, will be developed with provision for updating/revising them periodically and for deriving shorter dictionaries from them;
- such dictionaries will be published in both print and electronic formats;
- corpus resources and lexical tools for development of Irish-language lexicography will be created, supporting both monolingual (historical) and bilingual (contemporary) dictionaries;
- the Historic Dictionary of the Irish language being developed by the Royal Irish Academy will be completed by 2037;
- modern terminology in Irish will be developed and disseminated; and
- the Official Standard for Irish spelling and grammar will be revised periodically.
A new Central Translations Directorate has been established in the Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs to implement a strategy for the translation of Statutory Instruments in line with constitutional requirements. It will also be tasked with bringing forward a review of the Official Standard.